(~ 18 Mb)
- If you don't have previous installation of Sicyon calculator: skip this
- If you have earlier than v5.0, I would recommend that
you uninstall the older version first (keep the boards and the projects you have created).
- If you have v5.x:, there is no need to uninstall the older
version, but the setup will overwrite all the changes you have
made in distributable Sicyon files (except for the options file - Sicyon.ini ).
Any new new board or project will be kept, but if you changed something in
the distributed boards/projects - copy them aside and move them back after the
2. The installation (setup) file to download is SicyonSetup.exe
3. Run the downloaded file and follow the instructions.
2. Known issues
- Some anti-virus programs may give you a warning that the installation file is
new and not tested enough. I can assure you that all possible anti-virus
precautions are taken and before upload the installation file is tested for all
- If you install any major Windows 10 update be aware that the function boards may lose their registration
with the system. Consequently Sicyon will register them again when opened,
asking you for confirmation for each function board, alternatively you can solve
this by reinstalling Sicyon the usual way.
- Sicyon calculator will load unusually slowly when you have Microsoft
Visual Studio opened - the reason is not well understood yet, but it's on my
to do list.
Run Uninstall from Sicyon program group in start menu. Alternatively, go thru :
Windows Start button ->
Control Panel -> Add / Remove Program -> Sicyon calculator, Remove.
4. Copyright agreement
The software product "Sicyon calculator" is a freeware.
Licensed under the
Commons by-nv-nd-3.0 licence.
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
distributed under the License is distributed on an
"AS IS" BASIS,
WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
limitations under the License.
5. Technical Support
I will try to fix any reported bugs and help you as soon as possible, but the
registered users will have a priority.
For any technical support go
The registration is free of charge.
To register you have to fill in survey form (go to Help menu / Register...). Registered users will be optionally
informed about the next revisions of Sicyon calculator.
The survey is about your Sicyon experience, so I would suggest
that you accumulate some for a couple of weeks.
I consider the information from this survey strictly confidential.
7. How can you help?
Sicyon calculator is free, so I would appreciate a bit of a help. Here
- State your opinion about Sicyon in the social media, your favourite
forum or the website you downloaded it from, wherever you consider
appropriate. Sicyon popularity and the user interest are the best motivations
- Go and register, the survey information will provide a valuable feedback
where I should focus my attention.
- If you have found a bug or something you consider unusual behaviour, drop
me a message HERE.
Please, do not forget to state the conditions and/or steps to have the bug. I
must be able to reproduce it, in order to fix it.
- Publish the boards you create; function or data
boards, which could be interesting for somebody else. Use publish buttons in the
Function Edit dialog and Databoard Utility or copy&paste the board text
HERE. After revisions most of
them will be published on the Sicyon web site and selected ones will be
included in Sicyon package, but in either case you will be credited in the Info
section. Of course you can make your boards public from your web-site as well
(give me a hint and I'll include a link to it).